From Monday 1st June
1) Nurseries and other early years settings and reception, year one and year six in primary schools will reopen in a safe way;
2) Outdoor retail and car showrooms, where social distancing is generally easier, will reopen; and
3) Up to six people will be able to meet outside (in parks, gardens and other private outdoor space) - provided those from different households continue strictly to observe social distancing rules by staying two metres apart.
Please note that those who have been asked to shield themselves should continue to do so.
Further social distancing guidance will follow in the coming days - please visit the Coronavirus FAQs page for updates
From Monday 15th June
1) Secondary schools will begin to provide some face-to-face contact time for years 10 and 12; and
2) The government intends to reopen other non-essential retail - but only provided the five tests are still being met and shops have been made Covid secure.